All rooms are fully furnished and contain at least:
- Single bed and mattress
- Desk and desk chair
- Some rooms also contain a chest of drawers, bedside cabinet and easy chair (varies by size of room).
- Utility bills (gas, electricity, water)
- Cleaning – a cleaner will communal areas (shared bathrooms, kitchens) daily. Bedrooms are cleaned if you move out or go away in the vacations. Ensuite bathrooms are serviced/cleaned twice a term.
- Repairs and maintenance
- Internet connection
- Contents insurance for your belongings in your room
- Access to laundry facilities (app or card-operated washing machines and tumble dryers)
Single ordinands of the Church of England and those who choose to commute weekly and return home at weekends are guaranteed accommodation in Wycliffe Hall for the duration of their course. The Church of England maintenance grant covers rent and all meals in term time. The meals package is all meals for those living in Oxford and available in college at Wycliffe for those in Yarnton.
Vacation residence should be agreed with the diocese, although we expect all single ordinands will stay in their room through vacations, for which a weekly rate is charged. All ordinands who intend to be resident through vacations are housed in buildings with good self-catering facilities, as the Hall’s dining room is closed outside term.
Couples & Family Accommodation
Wycliffe Hall owns and manages several properties in Oxford (most within two miles of Wycliffe) and Yarnton (four miles away) that are available for couples and families to rent. These properties range in size from 1 bedroom flats to 5 bedroom houses, and details of those available each year will be provided to eligible students. Couples/family accommodation is reserved on a first come, first served basis.
Our accommodation team are also available for support with selecting properties through letting agents – please ask for guidance if this is of interest to you.